hyenas
hyenas
hyenas
Linux MintPPC Forums • View topic - Hello

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Hello
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:04 pm 

Hello y'all!
Im Sardu and I picked up a eMac PPC G4 for FREE!! I have totally wiped clean the hard drive and have installed MintPPC.

Linux is new to me but Im taking classes at the local community college. I figured I would go balls out and jump right in. I will be going through the fourms. I only had an hour or so to mess with the GUI last night. Tonight I will get more in to it.

The first problem so far was I plugged in one of my external hard drives and it would not be recognized. I took out one of my other External Hard drives and it looks like it is being read I was able to play music fomr the hard drive. This computer will be my garage computer. So its main purpose will be playing music, burning cd/dvds and used for displaying schematics for things Im working on in my garage (leather working patterns, home brew beer recipes, plans and directions for working on my motorcycle or truck).

Is there any applications I should look at downloading? That will help with what I will be using the computer for?
I have it hooked up to the internet via Ethernet cord.

Thank you for any and all help. I hope to be a valuable memebr of the forum even if no one is using this version anymore.

Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:29 pm 

Before I got rid of the Mac OS X I was able to burn dvds will I still be able to do that? Or will I need to download something to do so?

Re: Hello
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:44 pm 
Site Admin

In principle you should be able to do that.